There are several ways in which we can help achieve a swing towards impeachment. The opportunity given to us by Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney is invaluable, this gives us a platform to stand upon and increased media coverage for International Human Rights and Impeachment events. However, after Monday the media will have left events behind them, therefore we must endeavour to ensure continued media coverage of this bill and make it known to other elected representatives that this is the will of their constituents and that going against them will cost them dearly in votes.
Here are a few ways in which we can help.
1. Keep chatter alive on media news websites such as CNN, FOX News, MSNBC etc. Usually they will have a comment option beside articles or else you may be able to contact reporters and political correspondents. Make sure that you contact a few of these people and make it known that this story interests you and that McKinney has the support of many in the activist community.
http://www.cnn.com http://www.foxnews.com http://www.msnbc.com
2. Many people frequent political chatrooms that discuss recent news topics, be sure to inform people in these circles of the situation and that one politician is putting their neck out there to represent their interests. If you are a contributor to forums such as the education forum, democratic underground, democrats.com, or any blogs or bloggers that you are aware of.
3. If you have any videos relevant to impeachment or Bush and Cheney be sure to post them on youtube or google video or create comments on existing ones. See Cynthia McKinneys grilling of Donald Rumsfeld over Dyncorp opeations and over the ineptitude of the Bush administration during the attacks of September 11th.
4. Write letters to the editor of local and national newspapers indicating your support for Congresswoman McKinney's impeachment bill and your hopes for the continuation of the process with the incoming Democratic majority. Alternatively write an article for a local or student newspaper. Call radio talk shows to voice your opinion.
5. Attend marches, demonstrations and panels that support Impeachment held accross the US on Sunday December 10th, which are expected to kick off at 1pm in every city in the US.
6. Most importantly contact your elected representatives in both Houses of Congress. If they receive enough calls and letters they begin to take notice and staffers pass the information onto the Congressmen and women. You may think that constituent mail and phone calls are discarded, but when they come in bulk people sit up and take notice.
Get going, call in favours, talk to friends, spread the world and help Cynthia to Impeach.